Preparation time: 10 minutes approx.
- Red Lion Foods Stewing Steak
- a splash of vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 175g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 500g packet of fresh puff pastry (or frozen, but needs to be thawed.)
- 1 egg, beaten
Cooking Time: 30 minutes approx.
Don't like mushrooms?
In place of, or as well as the mushroom, steam 175g of your favourite veggies and add to the mixture before adding the pastry lid.
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5.
- Warm a splash of oil in a small frying pan and add the onion and mushrooms, cook for about 5 minutes to soften.
- Once softened add the Red Lion Stewing steak in gravy, stir until warmed through.
- Press one sheet of the puff pastry into a 23cm pie dish and trim the edges to fit. Fill with the cooled meat mixture. Place the remaining sheet of puff pastry over the top of the pie. Trim the excess pastry around the edges, then flute the edges with a fork. Brush the top with the beaten egg wash.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden.