Preparation time: 10 minutes approx.
- 400g Red Lion Foods corned beef
- 2 medium onions
- 500g potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil or sunflower oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & pepper
- 4 medium eggs (optional)
Cooking Time: 25 minutes approx.
Add a sprinkle of dried chillies when frying the onions for an extra kick!
- Dice the potatoes into approx. 1cm cubes (you don't need to peel the potatoes). Add the cubes to boiling lightly salted water for 5 minutes or until just starting to soften. Drain and reserve.
- Peel and chop the onion. Heat 1-2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan or heavy based casserole dish. Add the onions and fry, over a medium heat for 5 minutes, until browned and softened.
- Next add the potatoes, adding another tablespoon of oil if needed, and fry until golden and crispy, or for approximately 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the corned beef into 1cm cubes. When the potatoes have cooked, add the corned beef to the pan, increasing the heat. Add the Worcestershire sauce, season and fry for 5 minutes.
- If using eggs, in a separate pan, heat a small amount of oil and fry the eggs until the whites are firm and the yolks slightly runny.
- Serve the hash on warm plates and top with a fried egg with a generous helping of Tomato Ketchup.